Swami Vivekananda

Today India and the whole world is celebrating 150 years birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.  As far as I remember, in our family, I think in most Indian families, he is regarded as a disciple of Ram Krisna Parama Hongsha. He was regarded as a preacher of Hindu Faith and especially famous for his speech in Chicago. If Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Iswar Chandra Bidya Sagar and many others known as social reformer, Vivekananda did not enjoy that title. I am talking about only my knowledge, what I could know living in a Bangladeshi village. When I came to Dubna in 1994, I found that his name is well known here as well. Unfortunately, I didn’t read much about him or his writings. Only recently downloaded some volume of his work and planning to read it soon. But two things I remember forever. I read them in our school text books
Where are you looking for God when He is everywhere?
Those, who loves His creation serves Him.
(Bohurupe shomukhe chari kotha khujicho Iswar?
Jeebe prem kore jei jon sei jon shebiche Iswar)

Another one that is also a notable one for me (I think for any researcher). This one specially helps people who are in search of knowledge, who wants to know the secret of creation, study the origin and evolution of the Universe

Who am I? Why I was born? What brings welfare?
Answering to this questions acquire real knowledge.
Once you acquire that knowledge, you will get rid of illusion
There will be no difference between you, me and other creature.
(Ami ke? Keno jonmo? Kise ba Kalyan?
Eirup proshno kore lovo totto gyan.
Se gyan lovile tobo moho kete jabe.
Tumi ami jeeb jogote parthokko na robe.)     

I hope this anniversary will help us to know more about Vivekananda follow his humanistic philosophy and make the world better.  

Dubna, January 12, 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

২৪ জুনের দিনলিপি

রাজনীতি

স্মৃতি